Presentations at Conferences database records items from 2013 onwards
19 Papers presented by Prof. DeSouza, S.
1. Desouza, S.: Panelist. Panel discussion on Status and future prospects of the women's studies centres in North East India. Indian Association for Women's Studies, North East Zone and Centre for Women's Studies, Dibrugarh University. 28 Jul 2020.
2. Desouza, S.: Gender equity: Agency and empowerment. National webinar on Gender equity: Agency and empowerment. Holy Cross College, Ticuchirapalli, Tamil Nadu. 22 Jul 2020.
3. Desouza, S.: Feminist approaches to data collection. Webinar on FDP 'Engendering Research with Feminist Research Methods'. Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli. 16-29 Jun 2020.
4. Desouza, S.: Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act. 103rd Orientation Programme. HRDC, Goa University. 28 Jan 2019.
5. Desouza, S.: 1) Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act and 2) Violence against Women. 102nd Orientation Programme. HRDC, Goa University. 1 Nov 2018.
6. Desouza, S.: Gender Equality. Inauguration of Gender Champions' Club. DM’s College of Commerce, Assagao. 11 Oct 2018.
7. Desouza, S.: Caring for Senior Citizens. . Girls Islamic Organization, Goa. 1 Sep 2018.
8. Desouza, S.: Overcoming challenges faced by WS centres - A way forward. Western Regional Conference of Regional Association of Women’s Studies. Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology (AVIT), Chennai. 17-18 Aug 2018.
9. Desouza, S.: Issues related to Women. . Nirmala Institute of Education, Altinho, Panaji. 15 Jun 2018.
10. Desouza, S.: Socio-economic impacts of tourism. Visiting Fellow to the South Asia Program at Cornell University, Ithaca New York. Tata-Cornell Initiative in Agriculture and Nutrition and the Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, Cornell University. 3-20 Sep 2017.
11. Desouza, S.: Issues Relating to Women. (Invited Lecture). . Nirmala Institute of Education, Altinho, Panaji. 20 Jul 2017.
12. Desouza, S.: Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act. 97th and 98th Orientation Programme. UGC-HRDC, Goa University. 6 Jul 2017.
13. Desouza, S.: Conf. Organiser as an IAWS EC Member and co—ordiantor and discussant for films. 14. Nat. Conf. Indian Association for Women’s Studies (IAWS) on Equality, Pluralism and the State: Perspectives from the Women’s Movement. IAWS and Guwahati University, North East Network and TISS, Guwahati, Assam. 3-7 Feb 2014.
14. Desouza, S.: Key speaker, Gendered Analysis of Data on Amenities available in Towns of Goa State from Census 2011. (Invited Talk). Dissemination Workshop. Directorate of Census Operations, Goa. 4 Dec 2013.
15. Desouza, S.: Exploitation, Struggles & Lessons: Politics, Land & Women in Goa, India. Int. Symp. Re-claiming’s, Empowering’s, Inspirings. Centre for Gender Research, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden. 14-19 Oct 2013.
16. Desouza, S.: Key Speaker and Panelist. (Invited Talk). Workshop Gender and Culture in Goan Society. Fundacao Oriente, International Centre Goa. 8 Oct 2013.
17. Desouza, S.: Understanding Goa: An analysis of data on household amenities - Goa Census 2011. Data Dissemination Workshop. Directorate of Census Operations, Panaji, Goa. 25 Sep 2013.
18. Desouza, S.: A Gendered Perspective on Health: A Focus on Issues in Goa. UGC Nat. Sem. Socio-Economic Inequalities and the Health Sector. Rosary College of Commerce and Arts Navelim, Goa. 30 Aug 2013.
19. Desouza, S.: Keynote Address on Tourism and Gender. (Invited Talk). Engendering Tourism: Work, Opportunities and Dilemmas. Southern Regional Seminar for the Indian Association for Women’s Studies together with Equations. Bangalore. 14 Jun 2013.