Presentations at Conferences database records items from 2013 onwards
31 Papers presented by Prof. Pednekar, S.
1. Pednekar, S.; Bhate, M.: Awareness about Sustainable Menstrual Products and its Environmental Impact Among Young Girls in Goa. XVII National Conference. Indian Association For Women's Studies in collaboration with Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. 7-10 Sep 2023.
2. Pednekar, S.: Sustainable Women Empowerment. Women's Rights and Empowerment: Nirbhar Bharat-Sashakt Nari. Goa State Commission for Women in association with National Commission for Women. 30 Jun 2023.
3. Verlekar, M.D.; Pednekar, S.: Envisioning Sustainability through the Voices of Indigenous Communities in India. 6th International EcoSummit - Building a Sustainable and Desirable Future: Adapting to a changing Land and Sea-Scape. Elsevier, Australia. 13-17 Jun 2023.
4. Pednekar, S.; Verlekar, M.D.: Environmental Protection Movements, Resistance and the Rights of Indigenous Communities in India. XLVI Indian Social Science Congress, Under Thematic panel on Ecological and Environmental Protection Movements. Indian Social Science Academy, Allahabad & Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli. 27-31 Jan 2023.
5. Pednekar, S.: Menstrual Health Management Needs of Adolescent Girls in Schools in India. XLVI Indian Social Science Congress, Gender Symposium. Indian Social Science Academy, Allahabad & Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli . 27-31 Jan 2023.
6. Pednekar, S.; Some, S; Rivankar, K.; Thakore, R.: Enabling factors for Sustainable Menstrual Hygiene Management Practices: A Rapid Review. Role of Education in the Implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals at Future Earth Systems of Sustainable Consumption and Production Knowledge-Action Network Online Conference 2022 (SSCP-KAN Conference 2022). Global Sustainable Futures Progress through Partnerships Network (GSFN) in collaboration with Future Earth Global Secretariat Hub Japan (Research Institute for Humanity and Nature) and Future Earth Global Secretariat Hub Taipei (Academia Sinica). 7-18 Nov 2022.
7. Verlekar, M.D.; Pednekar, S.: Envisioning Sustainability through the Voices of Indigenous Communities in India. International Conference on Sustainable Goals 2022. Indian Institute of Management, Bodh Gaya in collaboration with the Cambridge Centre for Environment, Energy and Natural Resource Governance, University of Cambridge. 16-17 Sep 2022.
8. Pednekar, S.: Conducted a session on the topic 'Introduction to Gender, Sensitization and Equity'. 30-hour certificate course on 'Gender Awareness, Sensitivity and Equity'. Department of English, Dnyanprassarak Mandal's College and Research Centre, Assagao, Bardez, Goa. 2 May 2022.
9. Pednekar, S.: Gender, Sanitation and Public Policy. State Level Seminar on the theme 'Development Challenges in Contemporary India'. Economics Discipline of Goa Business School, Goa University. 26 Apr 2022.
10. Pednekar, S.: Sustainable Menstrual Products and Health and Hygiene for Women. Awareness session. Eve of International women's day celebration. Chalice Goa in collaboration with the Sanitation and Hygiene Sub-committee of Social Entrepreneurship Swachhata and Rural Engagement Cell (SES-REC) of Goa University at Holy Cross High School, Siolim, Goa. 13 Mar 2022.
11. Pednekar, S.: Delivered lecture and conducted workshop on "Behaviour Change and Sustainable Environment" for Third Year B.Sc. students of Behaviour Change Communication course. . Goa College of Home Science, Government of Goa, Campal, Panaji, Goa. 21 Dec 2021.
12. Pednekar, S.: Does school infrastructure facilities matter in girls education?. Two Day International Virtual Conference on Gender Gap and Sustainable Development Goals: Opportunities and Strategies. Department and Centre for Women's Studies and Department of Sociology, Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu. 29-30 Oct 2021.
13. Pednekar, S.: Women's role in protecting environment. Short Term Course on Women Empowerment. UGC-HRDC, Goa University. 9 Oct 2021.
14. Pednekar, S.: Health as a means of Empowerment. Short Term Course on Women Empowerment. UGC-HRDC, Goa University. 6 Oct 2021.
15. Pednekar, S.: Gender, Sanitation and Public Policy in India. 5th Asian Population Conference 2021, Jakarta, Indonesia. Asian Population Association, BKKBN, and CPPS-UGM. 3-5 Aug 2021.
16. Pednekar, S.: Menstruation and myths. . Ganpat Parsekar College of Education, Harmal, Pernem, Goa. 22 Feb 2020.
17. Pednekar, S.: Right to education act and universal access to education in India. 16. Nat. Conf. on Women's Studies on Constitutional Principles in 21st Century Indian: Vision for Emancipation. . 28-31 Jan 2020.
18. Pednekar, S.: Understanding Gender Equality, Challenging Stereotypes and Discrimination. . Navodaya Leadership Institute, Canacona, Goa. 18 Dec 2019.
19. Pednekar, S.: Right to education act and universal access to education in India. Statistics Day. NSSO, Panaji, Goa. 29 Jun 2019.
20. Pednekar, S.: . Training Programme on Gender, Work and Development (Resource person). Dept. of Women’s Studies and V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Goa. 6-10 May 2019.
21. Pednekar, S.: Menstrual Exclusion Culture and Menstrual Hygiene Management. Short-term course on Gender Sensitization. HRDC, Goa University. 20 Mar 2019.
22. Pednekar, S.: Right to Education Act and universal access to education in India. 2. Int. Conf. on Growth, Development and Sustainability. FLAME University, Pune. 1-2 Mar 2019.
23. Pednekar, S.: Gender and Violence. . Dyanprassarak Mandal’s College of Commerce, Assagao. 24 Feb 2019.
24. Pednekar, S.: Menstrual Hygiene Management (Training) for School Teachers. . Directorate of Education and Rotary Club, Panaji. 17-19 Jan 2019.
25. Pednekar, S.: School infrastructure and health rights: A gender perspective. Nat. Seminar on Gender and SRH Rights. Department of Women's Studies, Calicut University, Kerala. 5-7 Dec 2018.
26. Pednekar, S.: Gender Empowerment and Right to Education Act in Goa, India. Nat. Conf. on Women Empowerment and Rural Development. Institute of Development Studies, University of Mysore, Karnataka. 15-16 Mar 2018.
27. Pednekar, S.: Eco-tourism under different institutional framework: Comparison of turtle nesting sites in Goa and Maharashtra. 9. Biennial Int. Conf. of Indian Society for Ecological Economics on Sustainability, Institutions, Incentives: Voices, Policies and Commitments. . 8-10 Nov 2017.
28. Pednekar, S.: Eco-Tourism for sustaining tourist destinations: Case study from Goa and Velas Maharashtra, India. Int. Tourism Conf. on Sustaining Tourist Destinations: Implications for Developing Countries. The International Centre Goa, Donapaula, Goa. 3-5 Nov 2017.
29. Pednekar, S.: Human capital and gender empowerment: Education policy and inclusiveness. Int. Conf. on Transforming India 2030: Strategies for Sustainable Development Goals. Symbiosis International University, Pune. 15-17 Feb 2017.
30. Pednekar, S.: Turtle conservation sustainable livelihood for coastal villages: Study findings from Goa and Velas, Maharashtra. Nat. Conf. on Gender, Environment and Sustainable Development. Shree Mallikarjun College, Canacona. 23-24 Sep 2016.
31. Kerkar K.; Pednekar, S.: Menstrual health management practices: Dilemmas for women's empowerment and environment. Nat. Conf. on Gender, Environment and Sustainable Development. Shree Mallikarjun College, Canacona. 23-24 Sep 2016.