Presentations at Conferences database records items from 2013 onwards
12 Papers presented by Prof. Tharakan, K.
1. Tharakan, K.: Secularism: The creative transformation of a western concept in the Indian ethos. Int. Seminar on Philosophy and Literature: Portugal - Goa: The East(s) and the West(s). Inst. of Philosophy, University of Porto, Portugal. 16-17 May 2019.
2. Tharakan, K.: Nature as the Other: Exploring alterity in Gandhi's philosophy of environment. Int. Seminar on Self and the Other. Dept. of Philosophy, University of Calicut, Kerala. 6-8 Mar 2019.
3. Tharakan, K.: Fusion of horizons: Vedantic approaches to Christian theology. Int. Seminar on Philosophy and Literature Meeting: The East(s) and the West(s). Goa University and University of Porto, FCT, Institute Camões. 19-20 Mar 2018.
4. Tharakan, K.: Husserl's logical investigations and embodied meaning. Nat. Seminar on Thinking Body. Dept. of Philosophy, University of Calicut. 19-21 Feb 2018.
5. Tharakan, K.: Continental philosophy of language. (Invited Lecture). UGC-SAP Programme. Dept. of Philosophy, Savitribai Phule Pune University. 5 Jan 2018.
6. Tharakan, K.: Enigma of nature: Deep ecology, Gandhi and environmental ethics. Int. Seminar on The Enigma of Nature/The Enigma of the Non-Human. Balvant Parekh Centre for General Semantics and other Human Sciences, Baroda and IIT Gandhinagar. 27-28 Jan 2017.
7. Tharakan, K.: Religious Pluralism . (Moderator's Presentation). Symposium on Challenge to Restore the Democratic 'We' from the Invasion of Religious 'Us and Them'. Committee for the Apostolate of Inter-Religious Dialogue, Goa, Ravindra Bhavan, Margao. 31 Jan 2016.
8. Tharakan, K.: Humans and the nature: Situating Gandhi in the discourse on environmental ethics. Nat. Seminar on Philosophy of Human Person and Environment. ICPR, New Delhi, Bombay Philosophical Society, and University of Mumbai. 7-8 Dec 2015.
9. Tharakan, K.: Knowledge and wisdom: Yoga philosophy and transcendental phenomenology. Nat. Seminar on Comparative and Critical Study of the Philosophical Systems, Movements and Religions. Goa University, Goa. 30 Nov 2015.
10. Tharakan, K.: Marx and Heidegger on technology: Reading with Professor Kulkarni. (Invited Talk). Int. Conf. on Intentionality, Normativity and Objectivity. University of Hyderabad. 8-10 Jan 2015.
11. Tharakan, K.: Travel as Pilgrimage: Personal Memories of Travel. Dialogue on Travel. Antigas instalações do Banco de Portugal, cidade da Horta, Ilha do Faial, Azores. 19-1 May 2014.
12. Tharakan, K.: Book of Tidings: Varthamanppusthakam: An 18th Century Travelogue on Lisboa and Roma from Malabar. Int. Colloq. Long Distance Travel: Routes and Maps. Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Lisbon. 15-16 May 2014.